The CE4RT project will provide funding up to 8000€ per SME (Small Medium Enterprise) from relevant business sectors. To qualify, please familiarise yourself with the documents below and fill in the application form online.
Please note: the application deadline has been now closed. Applicants will receive information shortly on the success of their application. Thank you to all applicants for participating.
Step by step:
TRAINING – UNDERTAKE THE BASIC TRAINING REQUIRED OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAMME.
A selection of modules will be available for the SME to choose from. There will be 4 mandatory modules and 3 elective modules in which the SME creates a portfolio of outputs (please see details below). The SME will also be required to complete a series of masterclasses from experts in the field of the circular economy and regenerative tourism.
COACHING – SELECT THE COACHING THAT SUITS THEM BEST ON THEIR SUSTAINABILITY JOURNEY.
One-to-One coaching is provided to support the development of a sustainability plan for each SME’s business and advise them on the correct path for sustainable tourism processes and certification. Further networking opportunities and best practice examples will feature throughout the coaching. The coaching will be enhanced by online workshops on how to influence visitors through sustainable practices and behavioural change (details below).
CERTIFICATION – COMPLETE CERTIFICATION THAT SUITS THEIR BUSINESS NEEDS AND STAGE OF READINESS SUPPORTED BY THEIR SUSTAINABILITY COACH.
The SME will be encouraged and can choose to progress to sustainable certification along a number of options provided by the programme and on the advice of the coach based on their priorities and sustainability plan.
MEASUREMENT – COMPLETE MANDATORY REPORTING TO MEASURE THEIR SUSTAINABILITY JOURNEY.
SMEs will be expected to share non-commercial data of their sustainability journey within the project. This will include social, economic, environmental and cultural impacts. Once again support and training will be provided for this activity.
NETWORKING – PARTICIPATE IN NETWORKING EVENTS ONLINE AND OR IN PERSON TO SUPPORT PEER LEARNING AND SHARING BEST PRACTICE.
The SME will have an opportunity to engage online with like-minded tourism SMEs throughout the programme. All online training will facilitate engagement for peer to peer networking, giving participants time to discuss their learnings from the programme and share their challenges.
In person events will take place in Iceland in April 2024 and in Ireland in November 2024, SMEs can apply to attend one of these events where they will engage in training workshops or certification processes.
BENEFITS FOR PARTICIPATING SMEs
The key benefits of participation in the CE4RT programme are:
- Support and coaching in generating a profitable business.
- Guidance in tackling climate action.
- Training on how your SME can have a positive benefit on your community.
- Learning how to preserve the destination including its heritage, culture and nature.
- Education on informing visitors of their positive impact on the destination.
- Networking opportunities to share the journey with the wider European community.
Additional benefits include:
- Access to all learning materials, online training, webinars and best practice examples.
- Meeting and learning from experts.
- Networking and knowledge sharing with SMEs from other destinations participating in the programme.
- Development of a sustainability plan (strategy and action plan).
- Support in achieving a sustainable supply chain.
- Inclusion in promotional and dissemination activities at regional, national and EU level.